The Fall 2023 program is underway, with a class for
students with special needs also available!
To enroll your child, please call Kathryn Ramous soon at the number below.
First Grade students should currently be enrolled in either a parish's Faith Formation or a Catholic School to prepare for the Sacraments next year in 2nd Grade.
At about age 7, children can begin to prepare to receive Holy Communion, the Body and Blood of Christ, for the first time. In accordance with Archdiocesan guidelines, preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion is a two-year process which begins in 1st grade. Classes typically run from September to May. Unless they already attend Catholic school, children need to be enrolled in the Parish's Faith Formation program (find more information here).
For more information, please contact:
(253) 845-7521, ext. 006 / E-mail
Criteria for First Reconciliation and Holy Communion are:
- The student must be in 2nd grade or higher, be baptized in the Catholic Church, and exhibit desire and readiness to be prepared for these Sacraments.
- In addition to weekly participation at Mass, the student should have been enrolled in at least one of the following Faith Formation programs the school year before Reconciliation and Holy Communion preparation begins: weekly faith formation class, Catholic school, or home study.
- The child should be enrolled in a Faith Formation program or a Catholic school during the year he or she will receive First Reconciliation and Holy Communion.
- Parents should be active participants in preparing their student by informing themselves through parent classes, then working with the student at home.