At about age 7, children can begin to prepare to receive Holy Communion, the Body and Blood of Christ, for the first time. In accordance with Archdiocesan guidelines, preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion is a two- year process which begins in 1st grade. Children need to be enrolled in the All Saints Faith Formation Program, except those who are enrolled in a Catholic school. To enroll in the All Saints Faith Formation program, please visit our Children's Ministry page or contact Kathryn Ramous at the parish office.
Sacramental preparation for both of the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Communion are parish and parent-based. Preparation for both sacraments begins in the 1st grade, with classes beginning in September and culminating in May.
CLICK HERE to download the Sacramental Prep Registration Form
Registration deadline is October 1st, 2017.
For more information, please contact Kathryn Ramous:
Phone: (253) 286-0023
Click here to email
Criteria for First Reconciliation and Holy Communion are:
- The student must be in 2nd grade or higher, be baptized in the Catholic Church, and exhibit desire and readiness to be prepared for Reconciliation and Holy Communion.
- In addition to weekly participation at Mass and Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLW), the student should have been enrolled in at least one of the following Faith Formation programs the school year before Reconciliation and Holy Communion preparation begins: weekly faith formation class, Catholic school, or home study.
- The child should also be enrolled in a faith formation program or a Catholic school during the year he or she will receive First Reconciliation and Holy Communion.
- Parents are asked to be active participants in preparing their student by informing themselves through parent classes, then working with the student at home.
- Families are expected to attend Mass consistently.